Choosing a Driver Instructor
When using the services of a professional Driving Instructor, it is important that you not only receive the expected high level of training, but also a quality of service that represents value for money, high standards and an environment of trust.
Most people don’t know what questions to ask when they call a driving school other than the price. So we have listed a range of other things to enquire about that could help you make a more informed decision.
- Are they flexible with pick up and drop off locations ?
- What days and hours do they operate ?
- Do they charge more for after hours or weekends ?
- How many students are in the car at a time ?
- Do they provide the car for training, and if so what type of car ? Is it auto or manual ?
- Does their vehicle have dual controls ?
- Do they provide lessons in your car ?
- Are their cars fully insured in the case of a crash ?
- Do they hold Public liability and Professional indemnity insurance ?
- How long is the standard lesson, and do they provide longer lessons upon request ?
- Do they sell packages of lessons or offer discounts ?
- What is their cancellation policy ?
- Are their lesson plans structured ?
- How do they progress the learner through the varying skill levels ?
- Are they happy for you to come along to any lesson ?
- How do they report back to you the progress of your learner ?
- Do they have a working with children certificate ?
Be careful about making your decision on price alone. You have to feel comfortable with the person providing the training, so ask yourself how did you feel about that initial phone call. And don’t feel pressured to book a lesson on the spot. You can always take time and call them back after thinking it through. And most of all, don’t stay with someone you are not happy with, and don’t be afraid to tell them why.